How to join Golden Dragons PDX Dragon Boat Paddling Club
-Be at least 50 years old and fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
-Pay Golden Dragons annual dues, currently $30/yr.
-Pay Golden Dragons for boat rental fees as described here.
-Be a life-time member of Dragon Sports USA ($40).
2. Complete the Golden Dragons online waiver if you didn’t recently “provisionally” paddle with us (see Step #1 above).
3. You must be a permanent Full member in good standing of DragonSports USA (lifetime membership is $40) to join Golden Dragons. Join (or refresh) DSUSA here, scroll down and complete the “Membership Application Form” (even if you already completed it “provisionally”). Be sure to choose ‘Golden Dragons’ in the “Team Name” dropbox, choose ‘Member’ (or ‘Refresh’ if already a DSUSA member) in the “Will you be signing …” question, complete the DSUSA general waiver and the payment screen, and click the blue ‘Submit Form’ button at the bottom. DSUSA will notify the GD Membership Director when your DSUSA membership is confirmed or refreshed.
5. You will receive an email, usually within two days (be sure to check your spam folder), prominently logo-ed by TeamSnap, that looks like this:
- Yellow hilite is Subject line. Click red circled link for Help if these instructions are lacking.
- Click red bracketed button to join GD.
- If you found this email in your spam folder, tell your spam filter to ‘never block this sender’. All GD emails will come from this same address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Choose your password and agree to Terms of Service. Click “Continue”.
7. Do not choose “No” on the below screen. In the rare case where your partner is to share your email addr, only create your own login. Then contact the GD Webmaster to add your partner. Click “Continue”.
8. Answer 2 questions. Click “Create…”.
9. Just hit “Continue” on this screen. In the rare case where your partner is to share your email addr, only create your login. Then contact the GD Webmaster to add your partner.
10. If you see this screen, hit “Take me to app” button.
11. You should then see this screen. Click on the link hilited here in the red oval.
12. This screen is your Profile. Double check information, and enter Birthday as Jan 1, <birthyr> (we discourage providing accurate month and day as unnecessary). Scroll down to the next part of the screen.
13. On this part of the screen, double check or complete the entries in the fields with the red checkmarks, make sure the checkbox in the cyan square is enabled. No other information is necessary. Click the button in the brown oval if it says “Show”.
14. Scroll further down the page. Enter information about your preferred contact person in case you have an Emergency. Do not check the two “Private” checkboxes. No other information is necessary. ALWAYS click the “Save” button (in the red oval).
15. Explore TeamSnap for Golden Dragons and please make a bookmark in your browser for the TeamSnap URL for your future use, https://go.teamsnap.com.
16. If you want to receive TeamSnap Alert msgs from us, such as “paddling canceled tomorrow due to weather forecast”, please follow the instructions in the ‘Configure your phone…’ section on the Using TeamSnap page.
17. The Golden Dragons Treasurer will contact you about paying annual dues and boat rental fees.